Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2015

So Much for Baby Steps!

I may have a slightly obsessive personality. . . . .

When I learn about something new, I want to know everything there is to know about it.  I spend hours researching and reading, I make notebooks and docs full of notes, ideas, thoughts, plans, and pictures.  This is what I've done with oils in the last few months.  I have downloaded e-books, I have read the Pocket Reference book cover to cover, I have read and started following every blog I can find on oils and their uses, and I have searched for every piece of information I can find on each oil as I start using it.  And I have to say, I have learned so much! I now know about the three different schools of thought on using oils, I know about the history of many of the oils, and I am starting to learn the science of how they differ from synthetic products.  It all makes so much sense to me, that I don't question now why they work

How I'm using oils:

Diffusing - I knew many oils smelled good, but I really didn't understand the idea of diffusing them.  After hearing a friend talk about diffusing Thieves at her house, and reading about why diffusers work, I have to say I now have a diffuser running in our house all the time.  I am learning about different combinations of oils to put into the diffuser.  My current favorites are a combination of Purification and Citrus Fresh to get rid of odors and make the whole room feel cleaner, Thieves to give everyone's immune system a bump, and the "allergy trio" of lavender/lemon/peppermint that decongests us and helps with our seasonal allergies.  This time of year, the basement smells musty and damp, but a couple of hours with a diffuser running down there make it feel like the windows have been open all day.

Topical - I can now tell you what a carrier oil is, what vita-flex points are, and what oils I should or shouldn't be putting onto my skin "neat".  I am still just learning about all of the different oils and blends, and how I might use them topically, but everything I have tried so far has been effective.  There is so much information available, and every time I search, I find more and more.  I am excited to continue this learning.

Ingestion - This is the area where I definitely feel the most timid - I feel like putting the oils in my body takes it to a new level.  I see conflicting information from different sources about what oils should or should not be ingested, or what quantities are safe or not.  I find this website to be a great source of information.  This summer I hope to find some online classes and trainings from reliable sources to learn more about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment